DISCRETE CONNECTORS ARE A CRITICAL PART OF THE COPPER ACCESS NETWORK…
Discrete connectors are a critical part of the copper access network for jointing copper pairs. The quality of these components has a direct impact on network performance.
Dexgreen has developed a full suite of discrete connectors for all conductor wire sizes and to be used in all parts of the access network.
Key Features include…
Easy to Use:
- The discrete connectors can be easily and quickly installed through the use of a simple crimping pliers.
- No stripping of wire required – simply displace the insulation through a firm pressure.
- Wide range of training and supports available to aid installation.
- Wide range of Connectors are available that are suitable with all conductor wire sizes.
- Compatible with all conductor types used in the legacy access network, i.e. alluminium, copper, etc.
- Available gel-filled and un-filled and colour-coded for quick identification.
- Wide range of connector types available, for example: 2-wire, 3-wire, half-tap, modular, drop-wire and many others to suit all applications in the access network.
- Gel-filling makes these connectors ideal for use in harsh environments subjected to moisture, corrosion and chemical exposure
- Continuous ongoing testing according to stringent specifications has validated our connectors to be a reliable solution in the access network.
- Multiple gel formulations optimised for various installation conditions are availble.
- Our full range of connectors have been qualified to Telecordia specification and continuous ongoing testing is performed according to this.
- Gel-filling ensures the connectors withstand prolonged exposure to adverse environmental conditions in the outside plant access network.
- Available without gel and flame retardent material also, which makes our connectors an excellent solution for the Central Office and indoor environments.
We have designed several connectors specifically for maintenance of the access network, for example:
- 11A Make Before Break connector: perfect for maintenance of existing circuits in the legacy network, i.e. remakes and replacement of obsolete / damaged connectors.
- UY4C: Fully tool-less gel-filled connector that is used to replace obsolete / damaged screw-down blocks in the legacy network. Ultimately this improves customer satisfaction as it improves reliability of the connection point.