WHAT IS… FAST CLOSURE SEALANT 20-D?
A sealant used to ensure joints are effectively sealed against the ingress of water.
- Reduced wastage
- Top-up sealing of cable ports in all sizes of PVC, legacy H/S OJs and DexGreen closures
- New grease cable insertion where a spare port exists
- Closure sealant 20-D becomes ‘tack free within 3-6 minutes at ambient temperatures.
DexGreen has developed a faster-setting closure sealant to provide a quick setting product for CTs to use as a ‘fix it first time’ maintenance activity.
1. Repair: Top up sealing of cable ports in all sizes of PVC, Legacy H/S OJs and Dexgreen Closures. Can be used as a repair top up for sealing air core cables which have been previously sealed with existing Sealant 10B or Epoxy.
2. New Cable Insertion: Sealing of new grease cables into PVC, Legacy H/S OJs and Dexgreen Closures where a spare port exists.
Note: Not to be used as a water block in air core cables.
The product formulation is based on the existing closure sealant 10B but sets significantly faster (50%) to speed up the sealing for the cited applications and increase productivity.
The product is not a replacement for the current closure sealant 10B which is still required to be used for all closure new work and all maintenance closure applications.